Hillside Middle School
1825 South Nevada Street
Salt Lake City, Utah 84108
Open Enrollment Status: Open
» School Boundary Map
» District Boundary Map
» UCAS Reports and School Grades
» School Improvement Plan
» School Community Council Meetings
We are a diverse community focused on learning and instruction tailored for our students’ needs and strengths. We cultivate a safe environment through a nurturing Community of Caring cased on respect.
Hillside Middle school believes that:
- All students can learn best when learning styles are addressed
- Family support is vital to student learning
- Students learn best in a safe and nurturing school environment
- Every student needs an adult advocate
- Students are responsible for their own learning
Facts About Hillside
- Every spring Hillside is proud to present a school play featuring many of our talented students.
- Hillside students have taken numerous awards in the State Science Fair.
- We offer Extended Learning Program (ELP) classes in History, Language Arts and Science.
- We retain highly qualified teaching staff. All teachers have a bachelor’s degree, 16 have a master’s and one has a doctorate. We have an accumulation of over 450 years of service which is an average of 16 years per teacher. Eleven different languages are spoken among our teachers.
- Service projects include: neighborhood leaf raking, YWCA learning packets, hygiene packets to Senegal, Food Bank and the Humane Society.
- Our staff participates in Collaborative Learning Communities where student work is discussed monthly.
- Hillside received national recognition for our school’s website.