Hillside Middle School
Hillside Middle School's mission is to prepare all students for high school and beyond through inspiring self-motivation, maximizing student growth, and ensuring quality instruction in every class, every day. MUSH! Mighty United Students of Hillside! Our students enjoy the following opportunities.
- Hillside teachers, staff, and administration know our students and want them to succeed.
- Each year over half of our student body have a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Hillside offers both magnet and neighborhood Extended Learning Programs (ELP), which challenge our students both academically and socially.
- Our award-winning science fair programs and teachers are recognized as some of the best and most comprehensive.
- Hillside boasts an award-winning music program that offers orchestra, band, and choir.
- We have the first middle school marching band/percussion ensemble drum line in the Salt Lake Valley.
- Our schoolwide recycling program is very active in the Three Rs: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle and boasts a Silver LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified building.
- Students, parents, and our community look forward to participating in and supporting our annual school musical.
- Our after school program offers intramural sports (volleyball, basketball, soccer), Polynesian dance, homework hall (access to U of U tutors), Math Counts, and a school newspaper.
- Hillside's Peer Tutoring Program offers general education students the opportunity to work one-on-one with students with disabilities at our school.
School Boundaries Map