Glendale Middle School
Glendale Middle School is the only middle school in the district serving grades 6-8 and has many special programs to offer our students. Located in west, central Salt Lake City, we educate over 800 students each year from various cultural backgrounds who collectively speak 40 plus languages. Attend our Multicultural Night and you will be amazed at the diverse talent of the students and the cultures they represent.
We work hard at Glendale to promote a community that values education, caring and kind behaviors, and a peaceful, inclusive environment. We hope to empower our students to be responsible world citizens and critical thinkers as they learn and grow to be our future leaders.
- Glendale is an Apple Connect Ed Grant School, where students are each given an iPad for use at school, teachers are given a Mac and an iPad, and every classroom is equipped with an Apple TV to maximize the transformational power of technology in the classroom. We also have several laptop carts and two computer labs.
- Glendale features Extended Learning Program (ELP) classes, where academically gifted students are offered a chance to expand their knowledge.
- Glendale hosts the sought-after Spanish dual immersion program, where students spend half their day in the target language and other half in English.
- Latinos in Action is a popular course at Glendale. Focusing on student assets, this class highlights the strengths of culture and bilingualism by empowering Latino youth to lead and strengthen their communities.
- The Glendale/Mountain View Community Learning Center offers a host of classes that benefit students, parents, and the community at large.
- Glendale promotes the Achievement Via Individual Determination (AVID) program and a continuous in-school academic support program, which prepares students for college eligibility and success. Support is cross-curricular and ongoing.
- Glendale's elective courses include band, orchestra, piano, and the visual arts.
- Our after school programming includes academic enrichment taught by certified teachers, and a wide variety of classes and services, including chess club, drama, sports, homework help, summer school classes, ukulele, art, and Kids Cafe.
- We offer intramural sports in grades six through eight.
School Boundaries Map