Clayton Middle School
Clayton Middle School continues its legacy of academic excellence. Former Clayton students now make exemplary contributions to our community. With strong parent and community involvement in our school, Clayton continues its proud heritage of excellence and contribution to our community.
Facts About Clayton
- The annual school play, produced and directed by parents each spring, is a hallmark in our community.
- The annual Art Show is proudly displayed at the City Library.
- Award-winning Band and Show Choir perform throughout our state.
- Clayton’s School Improvement Plan cites Literacy, Math and Advocacy as the areas for improvement. This plan provides professional development opportunities for teachers with the goal of increasing student achievement.
- Clayton Middle School partners with Westminster College so that education students from the college study with our teachers and students. Through this partnership Clayton teachers were the recipients of the PT3 Grant which provided teacher training and technology equipment.
- Service projects by Clayton students and staff include monumental food bank drives, collection and assembly of items for Winter Bags for the Homeless Shelter, and letters written to Veterans.
- Access to three laboratories of computers entitle students to continued use of up-to-date technology.
School Boundaries Map