Nibley Park School
Nibley Park School (K-8) is a place where “Every Student Matters and Every Moment Counts!” Excellence is expected daily because, “We are Winners!” Our team is comprised of a remarkable group of educators who believe that 100% of our students are entitled to receive superb instruction and an equitable opportunity to learn achieve, and be successful. We are committed to the academic/social growth of our students and want them to be contributing citizens in local and global communities. Please feel free to drop by and experience the Dolphin energy firsthand!
- Our campus is the only public Kindergarten through 8th grade (K-8) site in Salt Lake City School District. This model provides the ability to get to know each student very well and capitalize on student strengths while providing support for students to perform at a proficient level in all subjects.
- We have a robust tutoring program, which, through working with community and local businesses, offers one-on-one help and support to students in both reading and math during the school day.
- All teachers at Nibley Park are state certified and highly qualified to work with children. Over half of the staff has an ESL endorsement.
- We have AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) for our 6th-8th grade students. This is a program that helps prepare students for the rigor of high school and graduate studies.
- We place high value on the integration of fine arts in the curriculum, a recipient of the Beverly Taylor Sorenson Art Grant, and a member of the ArtStream consortium.
- Our PTSA is fully functional and supportive of all our efforts. This includes supporting literacy nights, monthly family nights at local restaurants, sponsoring an annual fund raiser, providing activities for parents/students, Field Day Annual Fun Run, and Field Day.
- Our SCC is invested in helping to ensure that funds from our LandTrust Plan meets the needs of our growing population.
- We have an active Green Team that continually works to improve our school’s environmental impact and be the best stewards of our school and world through recycling, energy conservation, composting, and air quality education and activities. Our community garden supports academic studies.
- We have an outstanding after school program. Students can take advantage of tutoring, homework help, and other enrichment opportunities.
- During the 2013-2014 school year, Nibley Park received the “Top Performing Middle School Award” for the Salt Lake City School District.
School Boundaries Map