Washington Elementary School
Washington Elementary is implementing several programs this year to increase our academic achievements and support child development.
- Breakfast in the Classroom provides a free breakfast to all of our students, every day, and the opportunity for students to eat with their teachers.
- We are implementing Playworks for a second consecutive year, where we have a full time coach, Kirt Banks, who teaches students and classes the rules to games and good sportsmanship.
- Washington is part of a Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) grant where the school is using a rewards-based economy for students to earn and purchase items from our school store. This teaches students about finances, budgeting, and planning.
- We have a Principal’s 200 Club, where students receive tickets for being safe, responsible, and respectful in our common areas and on the playground. Once a month we draw names and take 10 students to lunch at a local restaurant.
- Washington is in its third year of the Assessment to Achievement (A2A) grant sponsored by the Utah State Board of Education (USBE). This program focuses on using academic data to select an evidence based instructional strategy that will increase student achievement. This year Washington teachers' focus strategy is metacognition.
- We have three student teachers from the University of Utah and are a partner school with Westminster, where college students are welcome to observe in our classrooms.
- Washington has a partnership with the University of Utah that offers a free after school piano program.
- Our K-3 students are involved with Tanner Dance, and fifth grade does dance with Ballet West.
We are excited to offer students and families a wide variety of opportunities. At Washington we believe that EVERY STUDENT MATTERS!
School Boundaries Map