Rose Park Elementary School
Rose Park Elementary has been serving the educational needs of the Rose Park community for over 50 years. The children had the opportunity to watch the new school be built while attending the original school. The new school was officially opened in the Fall of 2001. It is larger, safer, and equipped with the latest technology. The school lies in the heart of the Rose Park community. We are thrilled about the great academic growth of our students. For the past three years science, math, and literacy test scores have steadily risen. We have a strong sense of community that comes from parents, teachers, and staff working together to create an ideal place for our students to learn and grow. Rose Park Elementary is one of only a few schools in the state of Utah that house a Community Learning Center (CLC). Having a CLC means that we are able to partner with community agencies to offer substantial programming in early childhood education, youth development, and adult education. Our building is constantly busy and filled with adults and youth engaging in meaningful learning opportunities.
- We boast a highly educated faculty that is passionate about helping your child succeed. The majority of our teachers hold masters’ degrees and special endorsements. We also utilize highly qualified paraprofessionals to instruct smaller groups in literacy and math.
- We provide accommodations for all learning levels. We have a gifted and talented enrichment program for grades K-6. Special needs students are supported by a strong resource team.
- We value a well-rounded education. We host a science lab, a thriving school garden, and rooftop solar panels. Students receive weekly dance and PE instruction, and music classes in our piano lab.
- We offer a robust after school program. Rose Park Academy, a college preparatory program, offers classes such as cooking, soccer, guitar, basketball, chemistry, anatomy, Spanish, visual art, dance, Zumba, piano, Design Thinking, mad science, and more.
- We encourage our parents to volunteer in the school by offering free, on-site childcare for parents twice a week. Our PTA and school community council are active partners in the school improvement process. Parents are also able to take select University of Utah courses at our school tuition free.
- We are equipped with the latest technology, including computer labs, mobile labs, Kindles, Smart boards, and Wi-Fi throughout the building.
- We have a fully-implemented Positive Behavior Intervention System program and a full-time school counselor.
- We host a multiple family nights each year: the Fall Carnival, College and Career Ready Family Night, Art Night and family movie nights.
School Boundaries Map