Parkview Elementary School
The entire staff at Parkview Elementary School is committed to providing a positive and welcoming school community where everyone feels they are valued members of the team. School administration, teachers, support staff, parents, and students are united in a collaborative effort to help all students at Parkview succeed and reach high levels of student achievement. We are proud to be Parkview Panthers!
- Parkview Elementary received an award for being the top performing title 1 school in Salt Lake District during the 2016-2017 school year.
- In 2017, students at Parkview exceeded the state and Salt Lake City School District averages on SAGE testing in math and science.
- Parkview is an AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) school. All students learn skills and strategies to help them be successful in school and to prepare for college.
- Teachers meet weekly in data meetings with their colleagues and administrators in an effort to improve instruction and academic progress for all students.
- The staff at Parkview supports rewarding students for appropriate behavior, student responsibility, and academic progress. Our school wide behavior program provides many opportunities to recognize students’ positive academic attitudes and appropriate behavior by having them earn outstanding certificates, B tickets, and behavior bucks, as well as having the opportunity to be chosen as a student of the month.
- Our school has a Beverly Taylor Sorensen Arts Learning Program for dance. All students participate in weekly dance classes.
- We offer pre-kindergarten classes, special education preschool, diagnostic kindergarten, and special education functional life skills classes, and traditional classes.
School Boundaries Map