Parkview Elementary School
970 South Emery Street
Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
Open Enrollment Status: Open
» School Boundary Map
» District Boundary Map
» Performance/AYP Reports
» School Improvement Plan
» School Community Council Meetings
Parkview Elementary School provides a nurturing and respectful environment where all students have equal access to achieve their greatest potential. Parkview's motto is, "Who you are makes a difference and working together makes great things happen.”
Facts About Parkview
- Serves students pre-kindergarten through fifth grade.
- Feeder school: Glendale Middle School.
- Student population rich in ethnic and cultural diversity.
- Strong special education programs that include: pre-kindergarten, diagnostic kindergarten, and kindergarten through sixth grade functional life skills.
- Kindergarten through third grade Spanish/English transitional bi-lingual program.
- Daily forty-five minute English Language Development kindergarten through fifth.
- Two sessions daily of pre-kindergarten for four year old children.
- Rise and Read early morning computer lab before school program.
- Daily after school program.
- University of Utah Lowell Bennion center America Reads tutors
- Business partner: Questar
- School store behavior incentive program
- Curriculum used school-wide: Harcourt Brace Story Town reading program, and Houghton Mifflin Math Expressions.
- Early Steps and Next Steps reading intervention programs.
- All teachers either have English as a Second language endorsement or are currently working on it.