Newman Elementary School
We are the Tigers. Hear us ROAR! Newman Elementary School enjoys a student population that reflects the wonderful diversity of the area. Newman has achieved Adequate Yearly Progress each year since the inception of No Child Left Behind in both math and reading.
- Newman has an active PTA organization and school community council.
- We use a comprehensive citizenship program to support appropriate behaviors.
- We hold monthly recognition assemblies to support and encourage ROAR: R- Respect and Responsibility, O- On Time Everyday, A- Active, R- Reading Everyday.
- The school offers full-day kindergarten classes.
- We have a gifted and talented program.
- Students in every grade enjoy instrumental and vocal classes taught by music specialists.
- We offer after school program for academics and enrichment.
- Newman has five upper-grade eMINTS classrooms, with one computer for every two students.
- We participate in the Gold Medal Schools initiative, the Gold Medal Mile program, and Ken Garff’s Road to Success program.
School Boundaries Map