Meadowlark Elementary School
Facts About Meadowlark
- We increased instruction by 1 hour per day for students in 2012.
- Instruction begins at 8:00 am and ends at 3:00 pm daily.
- Our mascot is the Mighty Meadowlark. Our school colors are purple and gold.
- Our Meadowlark Manners are Be Safe, Be Responsible, Be Respectful, Be Caring.
- Students are taught by Science Specialists twice weekly.
- Students are taught by Physical Education Specialists twice weekly.
- Our school has positive behavior support systems in place. We explicitly teach and reinforce expectations. We recognize students via Principals’ 200 Club, Meadowlark Hunt assemblies, and our Golden Tickets/Treasure Tower.
- We participate in Ken Garff’s Road to Success program to recognize students who show progress or maintain grade level reading targets.
- We participate in the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Grant. Students learn about and enjoy two fresh fruits and vegetables each week.
- All of our classrooms are equipped with SmartBoards and document cameras to engage students in interactive learning.
- Grade level assessments are given weekly. Grade level teams use the data to guide their instruction and target student needs.
- We made double-digit gains in grades 1-6 on end of year tests for spring 2013. The percent of students passing the Language Arts CRT increased from 49% to 60%. The percent of students passing the Math CRT increased from 45% to 55%.
- We are moving FORWARD!
School Boundaries Map