Meadowlark Elementary School
Our mission at Meadowlark Elementary School is that all students will have a successful school experience. At Meadowlark, all students focus on character education to promote respect, positive learning, and responsibility.
- We increased instruction by one hour per day for students in 2012.
- Instruction begins at 8 a.m. and ends at 3 p.m. daily.
- Our mascot is the Mighty Meadowlark. Our school colors are purple and gold.
- Our Meadowlark Manners are Be Safe, Be Responsible, Be Respectful, Be Caring
- Students are taught by science specialists twice weekly.
- Students are taught by physical education specialists twice weekly.
- Our school has positive behavior support systems in place. We explicitly teach and reinforce expectations. We recognize students via Principals’ 200 Club, Meadowlark Hunt assemblies, and our Golden Tickets/Treasure Tower.
- We participate in Ken Garff’s Road to Success program to recognize students who show progress or maintain grade level reading targets.
- We participate in the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Grant. Students learn about and enjoy two fresh fruits and vegetables each week.
- All of our classrooms are equipped with SmartBoards and document cameras to engage students in interactive learning.
- Grade-level assessments are given weekly. Grade-level teams use the data to guide their instruction and target student needs..
- We are moving FORWARD!
School Boundaries Map