Jackson Elementary School
Jackson Elementary has served the children of our community since 1892. We have grown from a one-room school house into a full-service elementary school serving 550 students, pre-school through sixth grade.
Facts About Jackson
- Our students represent the diversity of America.
- We encourage our students and their families to retain and respect their native language and personal cultural heritage.
- We work hard to help all children learn to speak, read and write fluently in English so they may be successful in school.
- Every child who attends Jackson becomes a musician. We offer a structured, sequential music program from kindergarten through sixth grade. Every student, starting in third grade, learns to play the violin, learns to read music, and enjoys many opportunities to perform.
- Children are offered the opportunity to learn both Spanish and English in our Dual Immersion program. Parents decide if the program is right for their child. Children in kindergarten and first grade are eligible to begin Dual Immersion if they speak either English or Spanish fluently. Children remain in Dual Immersion throughout their education at Jackson.
- Students use technology to learn. Every fourth, fifth, and sixth grade classroom has either six or twelve computers. Research, writing, math, social studies, and science all become more exciting and timely with the use of technology.
School Boundaries Map