Hawthorne Elementary School
1675 South 600 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84105
Open Enrollment Status: Open
» School Boundary Map
» District Boundary Map
» UCAS Reports and School Grades
» School Improvement Plan
» School Community Council Meetings
Hawthorne Elementary is a school of problem solvers. By collaborating with each other we all grow from knowing that two heads are better than one. The goal of Hawthorne is to provide an optimal learning environment for all Hawthorne Community members. Valuing the diversity and differences we all have, and celebrating those differences is an expectation of all students at Hawthorne. This is an exciting time for all of the students and teachers as we try to learn from each other's strengths and support each other in areas of improvement. Strong volunteerism is being made even stronger as ELP parents add their support to our strong force of volunteers already at Hawthorne.
Facts About Hawthorne
- A full-time counseling staff is available which promotes preventative education and supports students through groups and individual counseling.
- Character education is taught throughout the year in the classroom and by all staff. Learning to respect each other is a continued focus in all areas of instruction.
- A full-time art program directed by an art teacher reaches each student and ties History curriculum to the arts.
- School decisions are made through Shared Governance process. We have an active School Community Council, ELP Steering Committee, and PTA.
- An after-school program is available for extended instruction and childcare.