Edison Elementary School
During the 2008-09 school year, Edison Elementary School experienced some of the largest language arts and math gains in the district. Edison boasts one of the most experienced staffs in the district, with many teachers holding reading, math, and English as a Second Language endorsements. Edison Elementary is an outstanding school.
- We offer five full-day kindergarten classes.
- Our school boasts a program called Si Se Puede Leadership Academy, where children are taught using culturally-relevant teaching strategies. The goals of Si Se Puede are to build cultural competence, critical consciousness, and high academic achievement.
- We offer multiple opportunities for our children to experience a rich education in both language arts and math.
- The arts are an important part of building our community.
- Parent involvement is strong at Edison
- Our Family Literacy Center offers English and Spanish classes as well as resources for parents to support math and reading learning at home.
School Boundaries Map