Edison Elementary School
Edison Elementary is on the move and our direction is up. Students at Edison are growing and gaining more than ever before. The 2013 testing results show that the Eagles of Edison earned 237 of a possible 300 points for student growth compared to a state average of 189. Student performance in language arts, math, and science are all trending in a positive direction. SAGE scores are steady and above most district schools in our area in language arts and mathematics.
- Edison students attend school from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. most days of the school year. Our innovative schedule affords every student and additional hour instructional time daily. This means two additional hours of science and one hour of library/media skills taught by fully licensed teachers plus weekly specialty classes in art, technology and physical education.
- Every classroom has an interactive whiteboard.
- We have two computer labs and additional portable laptop and iPad labs.
- All teachers have built-in time to plan and collaborate every day and analyze student work as grade level teams each week.
- Teachers are able to adapt instruction based on continuous feedback about student learning.
- Teachers are also supported by two, half-time academic coaches.
- Edison is a diverse school with incredible cultural wealth. Parents participate in twice monthly morning discussions about school events, practices, and procedures. Parent input is a valuable asset at Edison Elementary.
School Boundaries Map