Beacon Heights Elementary School
1850 South 2500 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84108
Open Enrollment Status: Open
» School Boundary Map
» District Boundary Map
» UCAS Reports and School Grades
» School Improvement Plan
» School Community Council Meetings
Our Vision at Beacon Heights: “We will provide high levels of
student learning and performance in a safe, supportive, progressive,
well-equipped environment in which individual needs are valued.”
Our Mission at Beacon Heights: “To prepare students to pursue
lives of continuous learning and service in our diverse, global society.”
Facts About Beacon Heights
- Our children are a diverse yet stable population that has formed
into a caring community. While the majority of students are from within
Beacon’s boundaries, a number of SLC District students attend
Beacon Heights by choice. We have a strong PTA and SCC and encourage
parental participation in all aspects of the school.
- Beacon Heights’ faculty and parents have developed a strong
integrated curriculum, using the Utah State Office of Education Core
Curriculum as a base.
- We are committed to creating a balanced literacy program, ensuring
a strong math foundation and supporting the emotional growth of each
Beacon Heights Highlights
- Beacon Heights’ teaching climate promotes faculty collaboration
and growth because of a shared vision. We have strong partnerships
with Westminster College and the University of Utah departments of
dance, drama and visual arts.
- We are a pilot school in the Artworks for Kids program which believes
that a fine arts education can support core learning through multifaceted
experience which incorporate drama, dance, visual arts and theater.
- 20 different languages are spoken among the student body.