Backman Elementary School
Our vision at Backman Elementary is to empower and equip students to be successful and confident lifelong learners. Our purpose is to create a safe, positive community that challenges students and inspires them to reach their full potential.
- Our dedicated and hardworking staff is engaging in cutting edge, data-driven instruction to improve their instructional practices.
- Our goal this year is to have 95% our students with satisfactory attendance. We feel it is important that students are in class.
- We are focused on preparing our students for college and career readiness. We promote college bound characteristics each week.
- We have a new school wide positive behavior support system. Our school wide expectation are: Be Safe, Be Respectful, and Be Responsible.
- We welcome parents and have a PTA and school community council that support the school and the community and involve parents in the decision making process.
- Our school has a strong counseling program, which includes conflict resolution, life skills training, and an in-house Valley Mental Health worker.
- Backman is rich in technology with SmartBoards and iPads in every classroom, a computer lab, 6 classroom sets of laptops, and two classroom sets of netbooks.
- We house the Northwest Quadrant Academic Support classes for special education for grades 2-6. Our students are included in our regular program as much as possible and are taught their grade level core content.
School Boundaries Map