Salt Lake Center for Science Education
The Salt Lake Center for Science Education, a science-focused charter school, is a partnership between Salt Lake City School District and University of Utah. The school houses 380 students in grades 6-12. The center is devoted to creating an environment where a diverse group of children engage in real-world experiences while connecting curriculum across subject areas and grades. Beyond the core areas of science, math, language arts, social studies, and healthy lifestyles, children have opportunities to engage in many interesting electives.
- We have high standards and expectations for all children.
- We are a small school with a strong academic focus where students are “known.”
- Students are assigned cross-curricular projects targeting real world issues.
- The school has outstanding partnerships with local universities and businesses in a unique and innovative learning environment that enhances the experiences of children.
- We foster a positive school culture focused on student achievement and social development.