Salt Lake Center for Science Education
The Salt Lake Center for Science Education is an exciting alternative for any Utah student. We are a science-themed charter school serving 400 students in grades 6-12. We believe in the power of a diverse student body and seek students from all races, cultures, income levels, and academic backgrounds to join our community. We are relentless in making sure that students get the most out of their education; that they feel both challenged and successful.
- We are intentionally small. Students are known personally.
- We are a partnership between Salt Lake City School District and the University of Utah.
- We believe in a student-centered, inquiry-driven curriculum. Students are assigned cross-curricular projects targeting real world issues.
- We encourage students to take healthy risks and "fail forward."
- We prepare students for college through academic preparation, college visits, accessing information, and planning for post-secondary education.
- We push all students to excel academically. Advanced courses, with support, are available to all.
- We work with local universities and businesses, providing real-world experiences with adults in the community.
- We make the outdoors accessible to all students, regardless of previous experience in climbing, kayaking, hiking, biking, or camping.