Print Outlook Calendars in Overlay Mode
This tutorial will walk you through printing Outlook calendars in overlay mode. This will allow you to print more than one calendar side by side. You will need to install a free Microsoft program called the Calendar Printing Assistant. The Calendar Printing Assistant download works with Outlook 2007, and Outlook 2010 (32-bit), but NOT Outlook 2010 (64-bit).
These directions are only for printing events within a school calendar. You will not be able to edit school calendar events unless you have been given permission to do so. You can request events to be added to the school calendar, which you can learn how to do in the tutorial called “Request an Event on a School Calendar”.
- Make sure Outlook is closed.
- Go to the following website: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=16645 and click the orange download button.
- A security warning will pop up. Click Run.
- Next you will be asked to exit all programs before continuing with installation. Once you have exited all running programs, click the Yes button.
- A License Terms window will open, check the checkbox to accept the terms then click continue.
- You will see a message once the installation is complete. Click OK.
- To open the calendar printing assistant, click on Start -> Programs -> Microsoft Office -> Microsoft Office Tools -> Calendar Printing Assistant.
- Click on the dropdown arrow next to View Templates and change it to Calendars and Tasks.
- Look at the list of available calendars on the right side of the page. Click on each calendar you would like to use. Each one you click on will appear for your use in the left column.
- Choose a template by returning to the dropdown arrow and selecting View Templates.
- Selecting the Day with 5 Day Columns will display your calendars side by side. Several other layouts are available by day, week, month, and year. Select the checkboxes next to the calendars you wish to print on the left side.
- Once you are satisfied with your calendar, click the print button.