To Initiate a Facility Use Agreement:
- Contact District Rental Coordinator - 801.974.8365. All applications for facility use must be submitted to and processed by the Rental Coordinator. Appointments to view school sites must be arranged through the Rental Coordinator.
- Requests made less than 10 business days prior to planned use will be charged a $50 late handling fee.
- Provide your name, the name of your organization, Federal Tax I.D. number, street address, phone and fax numbers.
- Identify the activity scope of your event-include expected number of attendees.
- Specify name of school, areas of school and exact dates with time of use. (Include set up/clear out time until final exit from building.)
- Access the Rental Fee Schedule to preview the charges for your use.
- A refundable security deposit of $500 or $1000 (respect to area) is required for each area except classroom or parking lot use. Refunds may take 30 days.
- The Rental Coordinator will submit application to the Principal of the school for approval and scheduling. (Events may not conflict with School related events.) Principal’s approval assures personnel available to staff event.
- Liability insurance shall be carried by all groups using district facilities with a Certificate of Liability naming the Salt Lake City School District as additionally insured for no less than $1,000,000 dollars.
- Security officers may be required for large or high risk events at the discretion of the Principal or Rental Coordinator.
To Complete a Facility Use Agreement and receive a Use Permit:
- The applicant must submit the signed Facility Use Agreement 5 business days before event. Signature must be for the representative of the using agency that will be present for the entire event.
- Pay all fees and damage deposit in separate checks to the Salt Lake City School District by 5 business days before event.
- Submit certificate of liability insurance 5 business days before event.
- The event will be cancelled if the three requirements are not submitted 5 business days before the event.
- The Permit holder agrees to hold the district harmless from any damage or claims arising from the action of the permit holder, his/her employees or patrons while the facility is in use.
To Qualify for Refundable Damage Deposit:
- The person signed as the adult representative of the using agency must complete and sign the Rental Report prior to the event and at the end of event in coordination with the District Activity Monitor for the event. All damages must be noted as well as start and stop times of the event, excess mess requiring extra cleanup time, any security incidents during the Event.
- Any extra charges will be deducted from the Damage Deposit. The District reserves the right to charge additional fees if costs cannot be covered by Deposit
- The District shall be entitled to collect all attorney’s fees, collection or court costs necessary to recover any unpaid debts of cost of damage to facilities.
- Refund checks may take up to 30 Days to process. Federal Tax I.D. # required.