National Board Certification
"Going through the National Board Certification process creates a permanent shift in the way you think about your teaching and student learning." - Salt Lake City School District Teacher
Becoming a National Board Certified Teacher is now more flexible and more affordable!
- About National Board Certification
- What is the process for National Board Certification?
- What certificate areas are available?
- The Proven Impact of Board Certified Teachers on Student Achievement
To learn more about the National Board certification process and to apply to become a candidate, please visit the NBPTS candidate website for more information.
The NBPTS Five Core Propositions provide the framework for all of the NBPTS standards that National Board Certified Teachers must meet.
- Teachers are committed to students and their learning
- Teachers know the subjects they teach and how to teach those subjects to students.
- Teachers are responsible for managing and monitoring student learning.
- Teachers think systematically about their practice and learn from experience.
- Teachers are members of learning communities.
Because National Board Certification is developed by teachers, for teachers, all teachers are invited to participate in the field testing for the new components. Contact NBPTS to find out how you can participate.
National Board Certification is part of the continuum of our profession. Additionally, over 160 studies, reports, and papers suggest that NBCT teachers in classrooms profoundly impact student learning. To learn more about the studies and how NBPTS is advancing our profession visit NBPTS.
To find out how our district supports National Board candidates contact Dessie Olson.