Supervisor: Julie Atwood - 801.578.8391
Administrative Assistant: Elaine Villarruel - 801.578.8282
Mail/Media Center Clerk: Tagen Baker - 801.578.8267
Mail/Media Center Clerk: Nancy Curtis - 801.578.8278
Cataloging Services Secretary: Lonnie Jordan - 801.578.8384
District Media Center Hours:
Monday - Friday 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
The goal of the Salt Lake City School District Media Center is to assist teachers in making their teaching more effective through the use of instructional media.
The District Media Center provides a variety of services to support educators:
- Houses the district's Audio-Visual Library where you can reserve/check out materials for delivery to your school
- Media Manager, a booking program for Audio-Visual Materials
- Processes new materials and develops the MARC records for use in all school Library Learning Centers
- Works with teachers to provide resources for student research and learning by subject area and by grade level
- Houses the teacher work area
- Develops and maintains the district's Library Automation System (Follett Destiny) that can be found in all of our school Library Learning Centers.
- Guides the district in the Information Literacy and Technology curriculum, developing standards, and writing state-required reports
- Provides support to principals for media center design and development within their schools.